Tradition and good food in beautiful Wiltshire
Welcome to the Crown Inn Cholderton a family run, traditional thatched country pub in a beautiful part of the Wiltshire countryside. Situated in the village of Cholderton on the A338 between Salisbury and Tidworth and close to Stonehenge and Woodhenge.
Friday Night Takeaway
Burger Night 5th March 6-7.30pm
Due to the latest national lockdown the Crown is temporarily closed.
The good news is we are providing a takeaway service on Fridays.
Delivered to your car in the Crown car park with contactless payment or pre-payment by BACS transfer prior to collection, but please order early as we sell out!
- Blue cheese and bacon burger with chips, salad and onion rings £9.50
- Cheddar, bacon and fried onion burger with chips, salad and onion rings £9.50
- Cajun chicken and chilli mayo burger with chips, salad and onion rings £9.50
- Lamb and mint burger with lime mayo, chips, salad and onion rings £9.50
- Spiced veggie burger with cheddar, chips, salad and onion rings £9.50
- Fish and chips with tartare and lemon wedge £9.50
- Scampi and chips with tartare and lemon wedge £9.50
Please message our Facebook page @CrownCholderton to pre-order as early as possible.
We are also continuing are Sunday Roast Takeaway with slots available 12-3pm.
We are continuing our takeaway roasts on Sundays. Delivered to your car in the Crown car park with contactless payment or prepayment on BACS transfer prior to collection. Slots available between 12pm and 3pm but please order early as we sell out!
There's usually a choice of roasts such as lamb, beef, pork, chicken or gammon and a vegetarian option. All served with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, parsnips, vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and our famous rich gravy. Homemade desserts too like Snickers cheesecake, cherry cheesecake, lemon meringue cheesecake or black forest trifle.
- Adult roast (chicken, beef or pork) £9.50
- Landlord's mixed roast (all 3 meats) £10.50
- Child's roast £4.95
- All with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, parsnips, vegetables and our famous rich gravy and of course Yorkshire puddings.
- Desserts £3.95
Please message us @CrownCholderton to pre-order.
...is a traditional cosy pub with a large courtyard area at the front and an acre of grounds at the back complete with an exciting Play Park.
We also have a large car park so we are able to offer free motor home stopovers. Find us in the Brit Stop Guide.
The Crown has been a pub for over 350 years providing a friendly venue at the heart of the local community whilst also welcoming visitors to the area.
Food & Drinks
Our Chef and Landlord Tim is passionate about good food, creating seasonal dishes sourcing as many of the ingredients as possible from local suppliers.
The result is an ever changing blackboard menu of homemade traditional favourites. posh nosh and delicious puddings.
The Crown serves real ales, featuring local breweries whenever possible.
We also offer Guiness on draft, a range of gins, ciders, lagers, wine and soft drinks.