Tradition and good food in beautiful Wiltshire
Welcome to the Crown Inn Cholderton a family run, traditional thatched country pub in a beautiful part of the Wiltshire countryside. Situated in the village of Cholderton on the A338 between Salisbury and Tidworth and close to Stonehenge and Woodhenge.
End of an Era
After 15 years, we will be leaving the Crown Inn on the 18th October, closing after lunch service on the 10th October. It's onto the next chapter so look out for info.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported me, helped me and used us as a patron over the years.
Please please come and help us celebrate the last 15 years on a whole weekend of music, food and drinks:
- Friday 8th October Lunch as usual. Then from 7pm 80-90s disco and karaoke, street food and specialist burgers.
- Saturday 9th October Lunch as usual. Then from 7pm live music from the fabulous Russ Barnes, street food and fresh stone baked pizza.
- Sunday 10th October Our great Sunday roast and chilled music. Plus 25% off everything food and drink.
Friends, family and customers from over the years, please come along.
Hope to see you all here.
The Crown Inn will close after lunch on 10th October for kitchen refurbishment.
Zoe and her team then plan to re-open the Crown on 4th November.
Watch this space for more details as they become available.
In the meantime, please take a look at our Christmas Menu .
There is something for everyone with traditional roast turkey, roast beef, grilled salmon or spiced sweet potato roulade and of course delicious desserts too. Choose from 2 courses for £19.95 or 3 courses for £24.95.
Book Now on 01980 629247.
Update from 19th July
Tues - Sat
Open: 12-3pm 6-10pm, Food: 12-2.30pm 6:30-9pm
Open: 12-5pm, Food: 12-4pm
For our business continuity and our staff & customer welfare we are adopting the following rules until we feel we can reduce them further:
- All staff will continue to wear masks inside to avoid close contact with customers and other staff.
- Customers are welcome to wear masks but this will not be enforced for entry.
- Drinks and food can be ordered from the bar again, but we will not allow customers to sit and drink at the bar just yet to avoid prolonged close contact.
- T&T NHS check in QR codes will stay visible but will not be enforced for entry.
The Crown Inn Cholderton has 2 outside covered areas, an heated area and a waterproof roofed area. Plus we have a great play area, benches and a large field for ball games etc.
Together with our refurbished inside space, we have something for all weathers and temperatures, including food! Come and enjoy old favourites like fish & chips and homemade pies. Or try one of our Summer cold platters. Choose from Cheese, Farmhouse or Seafood.
We do get booked up so please call 01980 629247 to reserve a table.
Thank you all for your amazing continued support.
Cheers Tim and Team
Takeaway roasts delivered to your car in the Crown car park with contactless payment or prepayment on BACS transfer prior to collection. Slots available between 12pm and 3pm but please order early as we sell out!
There's usually a choice of roasts such as lamb, beef, pork, chicken or gammon and a vegetarian option. All served with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, parsnips, vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and our famous rich gravy. Homemade desserts too like Snickers cheesecake, cherry cheesecake, lemon meringue cheesecake or black forest trifle.
- Adult roast (chicken, beef or pork) £9.50
- Landlord's mixed roast (all 3 meats) £10.50
- Child's roast £4.95
- All with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, stuffing, parsnips, vegetables and our famous rich gravy and of course Yorkshire puddings.
- Desserts £3.95
Please message us @CrownCholderton to pre-order.
...is a traditional cosy pub with a large courtyard area at the front and an acre of grounds at the back complete with an exciting Play Park.
The Crown has been a pub for over 350 years providing a friendly venue at the heart of the local community whilst also welcoming visitors to the area.
During lockdown the pub has been renovated internally and externally. A whole fresh new look to welcome you back while still maintaining the original character.
Food & Drinks
Our Chef and Landlord Tim is passionate about good food, creating seasonal dishes sourcing as many of the ingredients as possible from local suppliers.
The result is an ever changing range of homemade traditional favourites. posh nosh and delicious puddings.
The Crown usually serves real ales, featuring local breweries whenever possible. Beers can change at short notice but currently we have Wadworth 6X, ABV 4.1%. We also serve Moretti, San Miguel, Carlsberg, Aspalls, Guinness and a range of gins, wine and soft drinks.